Pages

Wednesday 11 April 2012

Reel Love



So, I started writing and drawing a new comic book.

This one kinda came out of nowhere. I had been having idea-sketches happen for a while with these characters but had no clue my brain would force me to work on it so soon.
I don't want to tell too much because I'm not sure there's much to tell yet, I'm not sure what it wants to be (I work that way) or how long. I'm not sure whether I'll self-publish or look for someone to put it out. It's a really personal story with ten foot witches and ray-guns. Absolutely all of it is true.

It also has a tentative title, but knowing me (I decide pretty quickly and stick with it) that is going to be the final title; Reel Love. It's about having a relationship with the entity of cinema, as told from the point of view of the art-form. It's got people I've known and people I want to know.

I've been working on it purely for fun, as a sort of experiment, and for some reason those always turn out to be projects I rate most highly. A lot of my time is taken up making sure Thaddeus Mist happens, but I've managed about ten pages of this in downtime before working on new scripts. Writing and drawing together, it's a much more intangible and rewarding process than I was expecting.

OJ OX

No comments:

Post a Comment