Pages

Monday 10 June 2013

Disconnected at the Lakes

Hello friends,

I just received the artwork back for a short story I wrote for a new anthology by the brilliant people at Disconnected Press! It's wonderful; take a look.

Unlettered page from 'The Place The Big Boys Go' copyright 2013 Verity Glass

My collaborator on this is a wonderful artist called Verity Glass. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting her yet, although I came across her work while creating the Comics Clock Tower section of the programme for the Lakes International Arts Festival. Being a comics writer I wrote my story, sent it off, and anxiously settled in for a very very long wait. Verity worked quickly and did a fantastic job of making sweet the bits I wanted sweet, and horrifying the bits I wanted horrifying, and funny the bits I wanted funny. I am beyond thrilled with what she's done with it.

The story is called 'The Place The Big Boys Go'. It is a revenge of-sorts, and a romance of-sorts, and a memory of-sorts. Conor and Lizzie Boyle are hoping to have it feature in their third house anthology Disconnected Vol. 3 - lettered by the mighty Jim Campbell (who I had the privilege of working with on Who On Earth Was Thaddeus Mist?). You should buy it. I think you'd enjoy it.

The anthology will be launched at the Lakes International Comic Art Festival in October, where Disconnected Press and Verity will be guests. Lizzie Boyle and myself will also be speaking at an event on the Sunday, which you can buy tickets to here. We'd really like it if you came along!

OJ
OX


No comments:

Post a Comment